This privacy notice applies to any THE REFUELERS website, application, service, or tool (collectively "Services") where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
It also applies to any other communication we may have with you.
We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children.
If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice, our global privacy standards, or our information handling practices, you can reach the THE REFUELERS Privacy Office in writing at: THE REFUELERS, Hauthem 42B, 3320 Hoegaarden.
Personal information we collect
What information we collect
If you are a training participant, your employer (or other third party paying for training) supplies us with your business contact information: Name, email address, physical address and phone number. Some employers also provide additional identifying information such as an employee ID number or previous certificates. We do not ask for nor do we process sensitive personal information.
If you are purchasing training for yourself or interacting with our Services without being a training participant, we collect the contact information you provide.
In interacting with our Services, we collect IP address and data associated with cookies. We will also generate information about your use of the services, including creating a record of your training.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
· Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
· Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as course attendance, course progress, and user preferences)
· Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send course materials, invoices, and other information.
· You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, member-to-member communications, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services
· Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
· We collect information about your interaction with our Services. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device token
· Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
Personal information collected from other sources
· As described above, we collect contact information from employers and other third parties who make purchases on your behalf.
· We may supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in an applicable jurisdiction.
· Social Media: We allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
When information is collected
We collect information when you use the Services. We also collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, provide us information at a tradeshow or other event, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
We also collect information when orders are placed from the party making the order. This information is typically provided by an employer, but may be provided directly by you or another third party purchasing services on your behalf.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
We endeavor to provide you with choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, and how we provide you with individualized Services and relevant information.
There are some instances, however, where the processing of your information may be limited or determined by others. If your data was provided to us by your employer (or other party paying for your Services), we will process the data based on the legitimate interests of your employer in having us provide Services to you in the context of that relationship. We may also process your personal information with regard to our legitimate interest in compliance and maintaining business records. You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information in these circumstances by contacting us at email@example.com.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience in using our Services, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
If we received your personal information from an employer in connection with the provision of Services, we will use that information to communicate with you and provide the Services. We may also provide information about your use of the Services to your employer.
Information about Services provided to a specified individual may appear in invoices and other financial records. We may also process and retain personal information for purposes of compliance with laws and regulations.
Ways you can access, control, and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
· You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
· We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
· If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
· You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
· You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the THE REFUELERS corporate family or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to some of our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms & Conditions or other agreements, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services and otherwise comply with the law. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
· We may provide personal information to others as directed by you
· We may provide personal information to third-party postal carriers and couriers to deliver courseware and other pertinent communication
· We may provide personal information to employers or other parties providing funding for Services
· We may provide personal information to third parties contracted by us for printing and distribution of course materials and other relevant information
· We may provide personal information as necessary to comply with local laws, such as third-party screening for export compliance
· We may provide personal information to course instructor(s) and/or delivery partner personnel involved in the delivery of Services in order to verify attendance, provide supplemental materials, or to communicate with or mentor students with regard to their enrolled courses
· We may provide personal information to third-party platform providers in association with virtual course delivery and remote labs
· For students taking third-party-authorized courses we may provide personal information to the authorizing party to verify enrollment and/or attendance
· We may provide personal information to third-party companies providing invoicing and/or marketing services
· We may provide personal information to third-party companies providing quality control services and/or conducting course satisfaction or other surveys
How we store your personal information
THE REFUELERS utilizes cloud technologies for the hosting of data. We use leading industry providers of cloud hosting, which operate within the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services, or for other essential purposes such as maintaining financial and tax records, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
How we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.